The object? Share some great music with one another. If you are able, please upload a copy of the song so everyone can have a listen (YouTube is the bomb). If that is not possible, please give us the title and artist, and a brief discussion of the song. For all entries, please just let us know a little bit about the song and its significance for you.
1. A song to which you MUST sing along, regardless of the time or place.
2. A song recorded in the 1950s.
3. A song from a musical/opera/film/TVshow.
4. WILD CARD (whatever you want, but please explain).
5. A song that transports you to another time and place. Explain.
6. A song featuring a female vocalist.
7. A blues OR jazz song.
8. A song recorded in the 1960s.
9. A song that you and a parent can (could) agree on while stuck in a traffic jam.
10. A song that gets you hyped up/ a song you listen to while working out.
11. A song recorded in the 1970s.
12. A heavy metal/hard rock song.
13. An a cappella song OR a song without words.
14. A song recorded in the 1980s.
15. A song that you danced to in junior high or high school.
16. A song that, if life were a musical, you would most certainly sing. Explain.
17. A song recorded in the 1990s.
18. A song you listen to when…you know, you’re having “couple’s time.”
19. WILD CARD (whatever you want, but please explain).
20. A guilty pleasure song (explain).
21. A song recorded in the aughts (2000-09).
22. A song written and/or performed by you OR someone you know. If this is not possible, a song you wish you had written.
23. A song that has painful memories associated with it.
24. A song that you think everyone should have on his or her I-Pod (or computer, etc). Or, a song that you have described as “my jam.” As in, “that’s my jam.” (Ok, I am aging myself here; where are my people who are at least 30 at?)
25. A song sung in a language other than English; a world music song.
26. A song recorded in the current decade.
27. A song you listen to when you are sad.
28. A song that you have listened to at least 100 times, and still LOVE.
29. A song written/performed by a band/artist that never got their “due.” (A band or artist you think should be huge, but is not for whatever reason.)
30. WILD CARD (whatever you want, but please explain